Euromed Survey 2020 Qualitative Results
- Euromed Survey 2020
Experts and researchers have carefully processed and analysed the answers of the nearly 800 respondents of the EuroMeSCo Euromed Survey, launched in December 2020 coinciding with the 25th anniversary of the Barcelona Process and ahead of the Joint Communication on a Renewed Partnership with the Southern Neighbourhood released last February 2021 by the European Union .
The questionnaire was organised into five thematic blocks including 23 questions on main aspects that were expected to feature in a renewed partnership with the southern neighbourhood which cover various issues of strategic importance.
The consultation was open to the general public, targeting respondents from both the European Union and its Southern neighbourhood, including experts, civil society representatives and policy-makers. This open part was considered of great importance for a Survey of this kind as it contributes to improving the interpretation of its overall results and provides with additional valuable material.
- Can the EU Share Values with its Partners in the Southern Neighbourhood? – James Moran, Associate Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for European Policy Studies, Belgium.
- From Hot Seat to Powerhouse: Managing Climate Change in the Southern Neighbourhood – Florence Gaub, Deputy Director at the European Union Institute for Security Studies. France.
- Digital Transformation in the Southern Neighbourhood – Katarzyna W. Sidło, Director of the Middle East and North Africa Department at the Center for Social and Economic Research. Poland.
- The New EU Agenda for the Southern Mediterranean: Prospects for Morocco – Nezha Alaoui M’Hammdi, Senior Fellow at thePolicy Center for the New South. Morocco.
- Reflections on EU-Jordanian Cooperation: Towards Tertiary Economics – Kareem Sharabi Rosshandler, Lead Researcher at the West Asia-North Africa Institute. Jordan.
- A Quick Survey of EU-Israel Bilateral Relations 25 Years After the Barcelona Process – Alfred Tovias, Professor at The Hebrew University, Israel.
- Egypt and the EU: Ten Years After the Arab Uprising – Gamal A. Gawad Soltan, Senior Research Fellow at the Al-Ahram Center for Political and Strategic Studies. Egypt.