MIPA - Moroccan Institute for Policy Analysis
Mission and objectives
The Moroccan Institute for Policy Analysis is a non-profit independent research institution based in Rabat, Morocco. Founded by a group of trans-disciplinary researchers, MIPA’s mission is to produce systematic and in-depth analysis of relevant policy issues that lead to new and innovative ideas for solving some of the most pressing issues relating to democracy.
MIPA’s main activity is to produce systematic, in-depth, accurate and objective analysis of policy relevant issues. The institute in the form of policy briefs, research articles and thematic reports publishes findings and analyses. Each year, MIPA organizes an annual policy forum bringing together researchers, policy makers and government officials to discuss, debate, and reflect on a specific policy theme. The third main activity of the MIPA is to train young researchers and academics in the policy analysis domain. The aim of the trainings is to prepare the next generation of researchers and academics to take the next step in their careers and build their skills to be able to produce in-depth effective analyses of policy relevant matters.
MIPA´s main goals and objectives are translations of what MIPA stands for. Through its work and the different activities it organizes, MIPA seeks to:
– Contribute to the public debate on political issues
– Publish policy papers, analytical articles and thematic reports
– Provide advice and expertise to governmental and civil society organizations;
– Promote research ethics;
– Encourage analytical and critical thinking;
– Prepare young researchers and academics to take the next step in their careers;
– Encourage cooperation between the different public and non-public research institutions with shared interests and values;