Euromed Survey 2021 Qualitative Results
- Euromed Survey 2021
The European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) within the framework of the project “EuroMeSCo Connecting the dots” and the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) within the project “EuroMed Migration 5”, launched the survey “Towards sustainable and mutually beneficial migration partnerships in the Southern Mediterranean”, an exercise which aimed to reflect on improving migration partnerships between the EU and the Southern Mediterranean countries.
This survey aims to reflect priorities and viewpoints in the respective national contexts of the South Mediterranean countries, thereby charting a path for an evidence-driven approach to partnership negotiations. It targeted respondents from Southern Mediterranean Countries, including policymakers, experts, and civil society representatives.
The qualitative report presents in-depth analyses written by experts and policy-makers offering keys to better understand some of the main issues at stake.
- Migration and Cooperation in the Mediterranean: Beyond Divergent Priorities – Sara Benjelloun, Research Associate at LPED and LMI-MOVIDA Social Science Research Centres. Read it also in Arabic.
- Irregular Migration Across the Mediterranean: The Long Road Ahead to Revamp Partnerships – Matteo Villa, Research Fellow, Italian Institute for International Political Studies (ISPI).
- The Danger of a Single Story: the Migrant Smuggling Narrative – Gabriella Sanchez, Texas A & M International University.
- The Southern Mediterranean Countries: Target and Motor of EU External Migration Policies – Sandra Lavenex, Professor of European and International Politics, University of Geneva and Visiting Professor, College of Europe.
- Developing Pathways for Legal Migration to Europe – Challenges for the Nearest Future – Agnieszka Kulesa, Economist, Vice President of CASE.
- Employment and Social Cohesion in the Context of Forced Displacement: The Cases of Jordan and Lebanon – Shaza G. Al Jondi, Regional chief Technical Advisor and Meredith Byrne, Technical Officer, PROSPECTS, International Labour Organisation (ILO) Regional Office for Arab States. Read it also in Arabic.
- Turning the Euro-Moroccan Tide: A Reappraisal of Migration Cooperation beyond Existing Areas of Engagement – Nabil Ferdaoussi, Doctoral Researcher Fellow, HUMA-Institute for Humanities in Africa (UCT). Read it also in Arabic.
- Migration Governance in Algeria: Challenges, Interests and Future Prospects – Kheira Arrouche, Postgraduate Researcher, School of Sociology and Social Policy, The University of Leeds.
- Finding the Right Balance: The Conundrum of Building a Mutually-Beneficial Partnership with Tunisia – Pauline Veron, Policy Officer, European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM)
Watch the video of the results on our YouTube Channel.
Collaboration between and